Monday, January 3, 2011

New Beginnings

Phillip has been urging me to start a blog for some time now. I've always listed a million reasons why I can't or shouldn't, but here it is anyway my first post.

At the beginning of this year I came to a sad conclusion. I miss my friends. I miss my Perkin's Moms who understand what it is like to have a child like Abby. I miss my Weston 2 friends who knew me, and I could talk to about anything. I miss my inpatient friends who kept me company when things weren't going so well. I miss Boston. The skyline, the Charles River, the food, the grocery stores, and sadly enough, even the hospital. There I said it. Change is hard.

Now to quit moping and give you a quick family history. I'm Tiffany and my wonderful husband is Phillip. We have three amazing kids. Aliya is our mature six year old, who is always ready to help and rarely complains. Abby is our special needs four year old, she has a giant personality stuck in a body that doesn't work. Jacob is our wildman at 17 months who keeps me on my toes every moment. Phillip and I were married in 2003 in the Logan Temple (of the LDS church.) We lived in Salt Lake City UT for almost three years were both Aliya and Abby were born. We moved to Boston for Phillip to attend Optometry school, were Jacob joined our family. In May Phillip graduated and we moved to a little town in UT were we currently live.

Life has been a roller coaster to say the least. Abby has had some severe health issues and to sum it up, everyday she is with us is a blessing and not to be taken lightly.

The name of the Blog came from Abby. At one month she started having seizures. At four months she had a five hour seizure that landed her in the ICU in Children's Hospital Boston, they put her in a coma to break the seizure and when they brought her out, she lost the ability to swallow. Each time we brought her to the hospital, we would learn of another part of her body that wasn't working right. I would come home from the hospital each time absolutely devastated and overwhelmed by what I had to learn and do for her. After a while Phillip would just say, " Honey, it's just another thing." I would be so mad, how could he say it's just another thing. I couldn't add any more "things," I couldn't fit any more therapies, nebulizers, medicines into my day. You know what though, he was right. Our life is far from perfect, but we are figuring it out. At the end of the day I have my three beautiful kids, and a loving husband. When the worst hits, its just another thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tiffany, it will be great to keep up your family through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!!! Yeah for you! Can't wait to keep up with the posts!

    ReplyDelete